Opuntia dillenii is one of 15 species of prickly pear cactus indigenous to desert areas of the American southwest and India. This plant has been used for thousands of years in traditional folklore medicine for a variety of ailments and health benefits. The team at GlucoEnsure M.D. has discovered a way to provide the benefits of prickly pear fruit in the form of a convenient extract.
Opuntia dillenii has been shown to:
- Decrease blood sugar by as much as 47%
- Increase insulin sensitivity and cellular glucose sensitivity
- Decrease absorption of glucose by the intestines
- Increase glycogen storage in the liver while decreasing glucose output from the liver
- Repair damage to the pancreatic islet cells responsible for insulin production
- Increase HDL while decreasing triglycerides, LDL, and total cholesterol
- Acts as an antioxidant to decrease damage from free radicals
- Serves as a powerful anti-inflammatory agent, improving health at a cellular level
These benefits combine to regulate blood sugar within a healthy range, improve blood vessel, heart, and cardiovascular health, all while helping with fat loss. Read more....